Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July Update

Allright so I don't have any pictures because my card reader decided to implode on itself. But we have a few things happening in our lives and I just want to keep you all updated.

- In case you didn't know, I got a second job as a part time cashier at WalMart in Centerville. So come find me if you actually want to check out fast. . . just kidding. . . kind of. It is because of the addition of this job as well as the fact that I lost my card reader that I haven't posted for a while.



- We are moving into our new condo in the next few weeks! (pictures soon to come) Let me know if you want to help! Haha.

-Tara has officially 3 months to go! We are really excited for our little bundle of joy to come. Tara is growing bigger everyday, and I'm probably going to stop right there before I say something that makes the Prego Tara upset at me. Tara is excited for the little one to stop playing the xylophone on her bones all the time. The other day she said it felt hard to breathe like the baby had her foot in Mommy's lungs. But baby really likes to push on her ribs and her pelvis right now and it's really funny, no, wait, no it's not. . .

-I interviewed for a full-time job at KUED. It is in the Development Department which has a lot to do with working with businesses and funders who support KUED and making sure they get the air time on the channel they deserve. Pray for me! We really hope I get it. It will be a challenging yet rewarding position for me.

-I've been in a state of bliss at my job because the University of Utah put in a Disc Golf Course on the old Golf Course which just happens to be where my building is located. . . so needless to say I've been playing as much FG as possible. I told Tara I would be home a little later than normal one day when I didn't have work at WalMart because I was going to play a few holes and she said something along the lines of "I could have told you that."

-Tara's internship is more than half over and no huge complaints or worries so far. Which is good news because of the type of kids she works with. Everyday sounds like an adventure and I think she is enjoying her time there.

1 comment:

Dustin'n'April Strickland said...

Great job working hard. I am going to call on of these days. I suppose that no news on the job offer means you got it because you have been so busy trying to situate your stuff in your new home, trying to free your self on finger at a time from the vice-grip of Wally World, and learning the ropes of your new job! Great work sticking with KUED and potentially extending the Strickland name on rolling credits for another 30-40 years.