Monday, October 13, 2008

Jobs

For the past year , I have enjoyed "working" in the same building as my dad on campus at the University of Utah. It was really funny whenever someone would ask me what I do for a job I would just laugh. It really was kind of funny that I got paid $10 an hour to monitor(meaning watch) cable tv. It was even more funny if I wanted to try to impress the person a little bit and make it sound like a legitimate job.

I did do other things like maintenance on the system and things like that. Whenever people would call with a cable problem I got to tell them I'd be there between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. . . and then I'd give them the most evil laugh I could muster.

When I did show up I would knock on the door and say "Cable Guy" like Jim Carrey did when he played The Cable Guy.


Recently I have a new job, it's just 20 feet from my old job in the same building, however now I am at KUED Programming. So if you ever wanted to call KUED Viewer Services and tell me how great our programming is I would love to talk to you. Most of the time it's really fun and we like to have fun. Here is a clip my boss sent me and it pretty much sums up what most of my calls are like.



Tara is trying to find her niche in the workplace while she is in school, and I think the job she has now is a good fit for her. She is a Medical Assistant for a Nurse Practitioner in Bountiful, Utah. It is a good environment and sounds like a lively atmosphere for the workplace. She will be working until the summer when she graduates and has to take on what is called a "large internship" (as opposed to her "small internship" that she is taking on next semester), it is the last requirement she has to complete before receiving her certification as a Recreational Therapist! YAY for TARA the RT!

4 comments:

Tara said...

It is a shame when your husband doesn't know what your going to be. It's TR not RT! :D

Dustin'n'April Strickland said...

dude, this clip is so darn funny...I will be laughing over it for months.

Amber said...

The clip was funny, but I started to feel bad for that old lady. I'm even confused about the change! I'm glad that you guys are bloggers.

Dustin'n'April Strickland said...

That's how I am! I don't even have an analog connection....