Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finally Finals

Well Tara still has two finals left and as of today I am done! I actually signed up for some interesting classes this semester. . . I did not have to take one test all semester long! All I really had for finals was 2 group projects and 2 solo projects. I'm pretty lucky.

We had our first big snowstorm this week and I loved it. The next day everything was blanketed in white puffy snow, the world looked like one of Tara's cream-cheese-frosting sugar cookies and I wanted to eat it up! But I didn't, instead I took pictures as I walked to the bus stop to go to school.

On the day that it snowed, I didn't check the weather report and I decided to ride my bike. I was OK, I tried to go as slow as possible but sometimes that wasn't an option when I was sliding downhill and trying not to let my brakes lock up. So I was riding down from the HYPER to the LNCO and it was really coming down in those huge Utah flakes so I wasn't really watching where I was going. I know the smart thing to do would be to get off and walk my bike but I kept going anyways. Eventually, a group of people walked right in front of me so I turned slightly to the left and my brakes locked up on my front tire. So my front tire went sliding to the left and my body fell to the right. With my legs still straddling my bike, I slid on my stomach for about five feet before I came to stop. So there I was, on the ground with my arms spread out in front of me and my bike on its side, with my legs wrapped all around it, looking up at all the people around me. It was really funny to me and everyone was asking if I was OK and all I could do was laugh. I really was going pretty slow too, so it was just funny that I slid for so long and there was really nothing I could do to stop it.

Here are some fall pics I took about a month ago, followed by some cold snow pics.



Pretty tree foliage at the EBC.


I love the colors in this one.


President's Circle


On campus again at the MBH on a chilly fall morning.


Sugar frosted trees.


This one makes me shivvvver

Thick icing on the trees

I looked out the window and what did I see? Cotton candy growing on the apricot tree.


This storm stuck to the trees so well because most of them still have leaves, and it was really cold the first day after. There's another huge storm rolling in this weekend supposedly. I hope it all sticks around for Christmas.!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah for the end of the semester!!!!!! Aren't you both finishing up next semester for good?? Congrats!

Amber said...

I wish I could've seen you fall, or slide. Why is it so funny when people fall? Sometimes I laugh so hard!

Cameron said...

I don't know why it is so funny, I thought it was hilarious so I immediately texted Tara to tell her and I said it was OK to laugh because it was so funny.

Dustin'n'April Strickland said...

76 degress here today with cloud cover. Would have been upper 90's without that blanky. Very humid too. But a couple days ago the high was 36...reminds me of UT just no biting cold or snow.