Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Happy Happy New Year!

[Long post because of all the pictures so beware.]

Two days after we got home and got everything unpacked from Park City, we packed it all back in the malibu and took off with our sights set for Bear Lake. We spent the New Years with Tara's family. We played in the snow with the grandkids, took a walk to see the lake, played games, watched some football, sat in the nice hot tub and went sledding. Tara's brother Jordan and I went to probably the best kept secret in Utah as far as Skiing goes: Beaver Mountain. Ski the Beav as the locals say. That was a glorious day. Grandma Jackie had all sorts of games planned out for the New Years celebration too. It was a really fun trip and we had a blast hanging out with all the Mannings.



Sleepy Jenny, wake UP!


Stretch time by the fireplace, no little fingers burned this time OK? Remember your cousin Kylee?


"Oh yeah, that was really scary and sad"


"But still, I'm So tired!"


Jenny! Peek. . . Aboo!


Who wants a hug? Anybody?


Grandma does!


"Mom! You're spoiling my close-up!


Cousin Jackson, How old are you?


Playing with cousin Jackson


BED HEAD! AH!


This pic is Jenny's personality all the way. She is so serene.


Well, most of the time. . .


"Quit kissin' my cheek! I'm hungry!"


Jenny G good. . .


"I can't put my arms down"
(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist, doesn't she look terrified?)


Chubby cheeks


1st time sledding with daddy


Loved it!


Looks like some frozen waves on the lake.


Jer, Gramma Jackie, Parker, and Cody walking the snow covered beach. Parker is always smiling. What a handsome guy.





Cody tunneling through the snow


Gasping for air


Note: these are not imgs of our cabin, just some that line 'the beach' (HUH!)


Sleepy time with gramma. Note the bald spot. It's like the opposite of a bald man, you know, they usually don't have hair anywhere but right there. . .


Colorful bright picture. These are Jenny's "Not Sox" that she got for Christmas.


Yay mommy gave you a pony tail aren't you super excited?


Jenny Toes!


Extreeeme closeup


"Like my shirt says, I'm a cute chick"


Cousin Parker





Jackie's New Year's party bags. Each Bag had an hour written on it with a slip of paper inside that told you what activity you were going to do for that hour.


6:00- spit up on mommy and put on your glow sticks








7:00- Dinner at the Bear Lake Pizza place


8:00- a fun gift opening game. Everybody got to take home their own game





9:00- Tara's favorite(can ya tell?), Fondu!!!


10:00- put on your party hats and teach Tara the Rubix Cube


11:00- Fireworks


Grandpa Mike drawing a heart with his sparkler


Tara's design


YAY FOR 2010


Little Parker didn't like the cold so he got a front row seat by the window


12:00AM- after making much noise Grandma read a book about a German Boy and his wooden shoes. Then she gave us a subtle hint to put our shoes outside our door like the German boy did and maybe we would get something! I guess it was too subtle because nobody put their shoes out. It was a good try though Grandma :(.


This kid never stops smiling either! (or eating)


See?


This was Jenny's outfit that made all of us want to sing "I'm a maniac, maniac!"


Jenny Smile!


Whatcha lookin at Jenny?


Do you think she'll ever get it? (as a side note Tara did figure it out after we got home)


Awesome shirt Jenny Benny


Hey Tara, how did you two make it down the hill without your sled?


Gimme that million dollar smile


Poor Anna's hair got frozen to her hat. But she keeps smiling too! What's in the water at the Manning's house? haha just kidding


View from Beaver Mountain


View of bear Lake coming back from Snowboarding



Tara's try at sledding, no her sled does not have a motor . . .



Jer and Parker, see if you can see the flip they do at the end

3 comments:

Kirk Strickland said...

Beautiful images--especially of Jenny!

Ashley said...

Ah- I miss Bear Lake- you guys are having so much fun! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much! and definitely my Little Jenny :( Hope to see you soon! Have fun in the snow! It's like spring here :) hehe! I love you!