Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Heaven on Earth a.k.a Lake Powell

We were so lucky to get to take a SHORT trip down to Lake Powell this month. We were there only for the weekend but enjoyed every minute. The weather was perfect too. The days were warm/hot and the nights were cool. People even ventured into the water. Of course the kids had a blast playing on the sand, in the water, and boating.

I love having the chance to take my kids there with their cousins. Lake Powell was one thing that I absolutely looked forward to every year growing up. We had so much fun, and I could not even begin to write down all the memories I have of growing up there. I am so grateful for my grandparents for giving us that tradition.

It really is my piece of heaven on earth. Every time I go there is always that perfect moment when I am out on the boat, water is smooth, sky clear, and the red rocks look like a picture. I swear for that instant nothing in the world could EVER go wrong. It is true serene moment.

Here are pictures from our short trip......














No comments: