Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Graduation and Birthday

This month is a big month for us. We both graduated from the University of Utah on May 8th. Tara told you how we snuck out just as the keynote speaker, David McCullough, began his speech to find out what gender our baby is going to be. Hee Hee. We thought we were pretty sneaky. But I was able to listen to his words online at www.KUED.org. I thought it was funny that his last words were, "Remember when you stay at a hotel, always tip your maid!" When he said that I tried to imagine what lucky maid was cleaning his room today that was going to get a tip. Are maids used to getting tips?



I think down the years we will look back at this picture and think about how cool it was that we graduated from college on the same day.





We whispered the good news that Kylee was going to have a girl cousin close to her age and she rolled her eyes and said duh. . . I could've told you that. . . we were home-girls in heaven just a few months ago . . .







- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



On my birthday I woke up and had cinnamon french toast. Nate came and picked me up to take me Frisbee Golfing with Jordan. It was dang good times. I haven't been in so long, it was exhilarating and it was such a perfect day. Afterward we went out to eat at this hole-in-the-wall Indian food place. Delicious!





Disc Golf and Lunch with the boys!




Tara took me out to eat at Red Robin, one of my favorite restaurants. I love the bottomless fries and drinks, as well as a free burger on your birthday!





Blueberry-Pomegranate bottomless drink mmmm . . .






No it doesn't stink. . . she kept blowing the candles out every time she let out a breath. . .







The 24 candles were in the shape of my name! Way creative Tar!

1 comment:

Dustin'n'April Strickland said...

Great job you guys! Fun days! Good times. UofU has no engenderizing gowns eh? That's funny. I can just see you two in black gowns bookin' it to the door. "We're outta here!" Easy on the fries...oh nevermind!