Thursday, September 3, 2009

Davis County Fair Fun


We went to the Davis County Fair a few weeks back with my mom and niece and nephews. Cam said he'd never been to the fair and I hadn't been for a very long time so we decided it'd be fun. Plus Cam wanted to see the demolition derby but sadly it was sold out online and we didn't think of getting them ahead of time. It was still fun to walk around and feed the animals and we got to watch the alligator show. It was actually much more entertaining then I 'd thought it would be. Here are a few pictures from our fun evening out together.

The crazy guy playing with the alligator.


At one point he stuck his arm in the alligators mouth! I think there must be something wrong with him. But he was mighty strong!


This is the baby alligator that all the kids in the audience were able to touch if they wanted. He wasn't as entertaining as the mommy gator.


Caca picture of me but it's the only one we have of us together that evening.


I really am not a fan of prego pictures but alas I do love those of you far away so I will suffer though my pain of putting them up. Ya'll betta love me! This was probably about a month ago exactly.


Cody and Anna petting the little gator. It's so much fun to see the joy in little kids faces- side note- which is why I have come to love my job because while I work with adolescents I get to see the little kid of side of so many of them and I LOVE seeing their faces light up when something I do with them makes sense or somewhere we go excites them.

Overall it was a fun adventure. Hopefully next year we'll be able to catch the demolition derby. We watched some of it and it was probably a good thing we didn't get seats- the smells and sounds are not too prego lady friendly.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Thanks Tara. (You look awesome!)