She's here! Jennifer Grace Strickland
Born 9-28-09 at 8:11 PM
Weighed 8lbs 3oz and 17 inches long
Sunday night I wasn't feeling quite right about our little lady and had been thinking I might have a UTI so I decided I'd go see the nurse at my clinic to be tested. I got to the clinic, talked to the nice nurse and she decided she didn't feel comfortable seeing me so sent me up to OB Care, aka OB ER.
They started running urine tests and monitoring baby. After about an hour Cam walked into my curtain. He had not been there 30 seconds when then the midwife rushed in and started telling me to roll from side to side. Within seconds there were a million people in our tiny corner wheeling me into the OR for an emergency c-section because her heart rate dropped dramatically for too long. We were blessed that by the time they got us in the OR her heart rate had accelerated back to normal. We were taken into a labor and delivery room and they started an epidural and pitosin but her heart rate dropped a few more times. Very scary experiences....
The doctors came in and gave us a "choice" of trying to have her vaginally and ultimately having an emergency c-section later that night or going into a c-section right then on our terms. We opted to have the c-section right then to avoid any further complications and heartache.
The c-section went perfect and she gave a tiny little scream as they pulled her out. She also sneezed like her daddy did when he was born. Cam was able to stay with her the whole time but sadly I only got a glimpse of her.
While a traumatic experience that I hope to never relive, we're so blessed and grateful that I was in the hospital being monitored when this event happened. She is happy and healthy now with lots of energy and strength.
Bath time with daddy! They whisked her off after the c-section but luckily daddy got to be by her side the whole time.
Born 9-28-09 at 8:11 PM
Weighed 8lbs 3oz and 17 inches long
Her story:
Sunday night I wasn't feeling quite right about our little lady and had been thinking I might have a UTI so I decided I'd go see the nurse at my clinic to be tested. I got to the clinic, talked to the nice nurse and she decided she didn't feel comfortable seeing me so sent me up to OB Care, aka OB ER.
They started running urine tests and monitoring baby. After about an hour Cam walked into my curtain. He had not been there 30 seconds when then the midwife rushed in and started telling me to roll from side to side. Within seconds there were a million people in our tiny corner wheeling me into the OR for an emergency c-section because her heart rate dropped dramatically for too long. We were blessed that by the time they got us in the OR her heart rate had accelerated back to normal. We were taken into a labor and delivery room and they started an epidural and pitosin but her heart rate dropped a few more times. Very scary experiences....
The doctors came in and gave us a "choice" of trying to have her vaginally and ultimately having an emergency c-section later that night or going into a c-section right then on our terms. We opted to have the c-section right then to avoid any further complications and heartache.
The c-section went perfect and she gave a tiny little scream as they pulled her out. She also sneezed like her daddy did when he was born. Cam was able to stay with her the whole time but sadly I only got a glimpse of her.
While a traumatic experience that I hope to never relive, we're so blessed and grateful that I was in the hospital being monitored when this event happened. She is happy and healthy now with lots of energy and strength.
Bath time with daddy! They whisked her off after the c-section but luckily daddy got to be by her side the whole time.
Awkward Smile! And you can kind of see her redish, blonde-brown hair. It's beautfiul and I'm so grateful she has hair!








8 comments:
She is beautiful! I can see the Strickland in her. We all can't wait to meet her! Nice job! You guys are parents now!
Thanks for the marvelously detailed recount of events--from the new mom, no less. What a great blessing. So thrilled you were so well informed and not shy about taking action.
She's beautiful Tara. Hope you're doing okay and get to leave the hospital soon. Congrats again to you and Cameron.
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys. I love her hair :-) I'm glad everything is okay and you are both healthy. Love ya lots!!
Yea! No no, Gracie! Hide and go seek is for after age two, after walking is best. Uncelous advising session over.
she's a cutie! Congrats on bringing in the newest member of our awesome extended family. Can't wait to see you guys in Dec.
So glad she is here! She is so loved and you two are the best.
love ya
Thanks for letting me come see you guys last night, sorry it was so late. Jennifer is beautiful and perfect. Isn't being a mom the best feeling in the world!! I hope you have a very speedy recovery. Congrats!
P.S. I added you as a friend on my blog (abeandlisa.blogspot.com), hope that's OK. You're welcome to do the same.
Post a Comment